This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 31 August 2014

My Retro Boots - Berry71Bleu August Challenge

Hello Everyone

I have had a hectic week and a hectic weekend to match! I am absolutely pooped and this is before Monday even begins! Yikes! Anyways, the joys of family, friendship and scrapbooking all rolled into one.

I have a number of projects to share with you, but I cannot share them all at once, and so will start with my page that is up on the Berry71Bleu blog. It's for the super August sketch challenge.


I love this photo of Joe, where I asked him to pose for me, with his new retro soccer boots on. LOL....such a goofy and funny boy!

We searched high and low for boots in his size and eventually saw these, which Joe was mad about.  I did say that his mates might tease him and he still insisted that he wanted them.  So we got them! ;-)


My journalling tells you even more about his love for these boots! He he he


I used these wonderful and retro felt circles from Chantal van den Berg and also the super chippie from Creative Embelishments. Joe's retro boots and Chantal's retro rounds were the inspiration for the page! ;-)


I used all sorts of bits and pieces and papers from October Afternoon. I was able to get into my stash and make good use of these goodies.

Pop along to Berry71Bleu and check out the gorgeous projects over the past few weeks with Chantal's goodies and Creative Embelishments. It has been a real treat! ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a good Sunday!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. so totally gorgeous and I love that cute face there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful fun layout (and journalling too)! and soooo cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore this page! Love everything about it. It's my new fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little guy is so photogenic. I had to smile about him longing for those special boots; not at all concerned about what others thought. You go kiddo - be your own person. Love the string frame and the all the MM. Those OA papers still look fabulous and the enamel dots leading to the punch line, are just perfect. New fave for me :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love all the bits you have used & fabulous layering!! We are having such a busy time of it lately!!! I have my big kids arriving on Friday, my maid on leave for a month & going away for a week soon. Hmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this type of layout , where all the little and large embellies relate to the image , like the stars and the soda pop. Super photo of your son as well , really do like those boots and the way you have showcased them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page Denise. I am always awed at the way you work your water colours. I am pretty sure that Joe's team mates are jealous that they don't have such cool boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is so colourful and fun. Love what you did with the design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete